Message from Conference Chair
AOHP is excited to invite occupational health professionals to attend the National Conference: Gateway to Best Practice, September 6-8, 2023, in the historic city of Savannah, Georgia!
Grab this opportunity to invest in self care, connect with your colleagues, hear best practices for occupational health professionals, and obtain continuing education. The National Conference offers an excellent lineup of engaging speakers with multiple options for workshops and breakout sessions.
- Basics of Occupational Health
- Infection Prevention, COVID-19, Tuberculosis
- Exposure Management
- Workplace Violence
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)/Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Workers' Compensation
- Safety/Injury Prevention/Physical Therapy
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Employee Health/Occupational Health, New Hire Onboarding
- Technology for Employee/Occupational Health
- Leadership, Quality Improvement
- Wellness, Self Care, Mental Health
- Legislative Update Related to Occupational Health
This conference includes best practices for occupational health professionals of all professions:
- Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants, Physicians
- Safety, Industrial Hygiene
- Physical Therapists, Ergonomists, Safe Patient Handling Professionals
- Workers' Compensation Insurance Carriers/Case Managers
- Occupational Health/Employee Health/Human Resources Leaders
- Wellness Coordinators/Managers
- Infection Preventionists
Escape to the southern charm of Savannah, where art, history, and haunted stories abound. This year, you will have Saturday free to enjoy the sights and sounds of Georgia's first city. Walk the 200-year-old cobblestone River Street. Watch the cargo ships and take in the Talmadge Memorial Bridge. Enjoy shops such as Bob's Your Uncle-Fannie's Your Aunt, River Street Market Place, and more. Taste the fresh seafood at The Shrimp Factory, Tubby's Seafood River Street, and more. Tour historic houses, and take a ghost tour!
During the National Conference, you will feel phenomenal support from AOHP. The pandemic showed the world how important our role is as occupational health professionals. You are important, and AOHP is here for you! Invest in your professional development!
Mary Giovannetti, DNP, APRN, BC-FNP
AOHP 2023 National Conference Chair and Region 5 Director